I am currently available for freelance photography, writing, or web design. My photography and writing focus is primarily outdoors-related (hiking, climbing, biking). Feel free to contact me for more information.
Cell: 603 748 1057
Programming (Matlab/Octave, C, Python)
General Computer (typing, word processing, spreadsheet)
Climbing instruction/coaching and route setting
University of New Hampshire
B.S. Physics – June 2010
University of Alaska Fairbanks
Graduate Program in Physics (Not Completed) 2010-2014
Ascension Rock Club (2017-Present)
- Head coach and programs director (as of fall 2022)
- Climbing instruction/assistant junior team coach
Beaver Sports (2015-2019)
- Store assistant manager and buyer of outdoor equipment and clothing (hiking, climbing, running)
- Hiring, scheduling, and training staff in customer service, product knowledge, and merchandising
University of Alaska Fairbanks Graduate Research Assistant (2012-2014)
- Worked with Glaciers department with field study on the Black Rapids Glaciers
- Studied the interaction of large glacier tributary with main trunk during glacial lake outburst floods using a variety of methods including GPS and timelapse imagery
University of Alaska Fairbanks Teaching Assistant (2010-2012)
- Laboratory teaching assistant with the physics department
- 2 semesters in modern physics – 1 semester in Physics II
University of New Hampshire Research Assistant (2007-2010)
- Data analysis and calibration of a time-of-flight mass spectrometer, an instrument onboard the Interstellar Boundary EXplorer (IBEX) currently in earth orbit
- As a part of my senior thesis, I made the first measured estimate of the ratio of neon to oxygen in the interstellar medium surrounding our solar system
- Co-author of numerous publications regarding the instrument and observations
Eastern Mountains Sports – Concord, NH (2003-2005) and Portsmouth, NH (2006-2007)
- Two years (2003-2005) working as a supervisor before changing to part-time sales associate while going back to school
PJ Asch Otterfitters outdoor retail store, guide service, and climbing gym (2000-2002)
- Worked as a manager of the gym and shop
- Climbing guide for private climbing parties and children’s camp
Climb Time of Cincinnati (1996-2000)
- Belay instruction, climbing instruction and guiding out of local climbing gym and small retail shop
Co-authored Publications (Refereed)
Möbius, E., P. Bochsler, M. Bzowski, G. Crew, H.O. Funsten, S.A. Fuselier, A. Ghielmetti, D. Heirtzler, V.V. Izmodenov, M. Kubiak, H. Kucharek, M.A. Lee, T. Leonard, D.J. McComas, L. Petersen, L. Saul, J. Scheer, N. Schwadron, M. Witte, and P. Wurz, Direct observations of interstellar H, He, and O by the Interstellar Boundary Explorer, Science, 326, doi: 10.1126/science.1180971, 969-971, November 2009.
Möbius, E., H. Kucharek, G. Clark, M. O’Neill, L. Petersen, M. Bzowski, L. Saul, P. Wurz, S.A. Fuselier, V.V. Izmodenov, D.J. McComas, H.R. Müller, and D.B. Alexashov, Diagnosing the neutral interstellar gas flow at 1 AU with IBEX-Lo, Space Sci. Rev., 146, doi 10.1007/s11214-009-9498-5, 149-172, 2009.
Möbius, E., P. Bochsler, M. Bzowski, D. Heirtzler, M.A. Kubiak, H. Kucharek, M.A. Lee, T. Leonard, N.A. Schwadron, X. Wu, S.A. Fuselier, G. Crew, D.J. McComas, L. Petersen, L. Saul, D. Valovcin, R. Vanderspek, and P. Wurz, Interstellar gas flow parameters derived from Interstellar Boundary Explorer-Lo observations in 2009 and 2010: Analytical analysis, ApJ Supplement Series, 198:11, doi:10.1088/0067-0049/198/2/11, February 2012.
Bochsler, P., L. Petersen, E. Möbius, N.A. Schwadron, P. Wurz, J.A. Scheer, S.A. Fuselier, D.J. McComas, M. Bzowski, and P.C. Frisch, Estimation of the neon/oxygen abundance ratio at the heliospheric termination shock and in the local interstellar medium from IBEX observations, ApJ Supplement Series, 198:13, doi:10.1088/0067-0049/198/2/13, February 2012.